A Five Day Sacred Journey with Traditional Owners in the heartland of Central Australia
2019 Dates will be released soon. Applications for the 11 spaces will be taken from October 2018. If accepted, a non refundable $1000 deposit is payable to secure your place.
Be held by country, truth and lore as you experience first hand the gifts of culture, language and healing on this once-in-a-lifetime adventure through the heart of Australia.
Over five days you will be guided by Kate and the Anangu Women to discover, connect and remember the truth of your heart while being immersed in the ancient heartbeat of this sacred place. The retreat begins with Kate and the women collecting you from Uluru Airport and driving you to our homelands in the sacred APY Lands of Central Australia. Entry to the APY lands is very restricted with access only granted by permit. This extraordinary invitation to share with Kate’s family is a very rare privilege and honour not to be taken lightly.
During our five days together we will share:
- Inma – (Ceremony)
- Inkanyi around the Waru – (Singing around the fire)
- We may learn some irmaka-inmaka (bush medicine)
- We will gather Mai (bushfood) and become Waltja (family)
- We will come to appreciate Kapi (water) and respect Waru (fire)
- We may be gifted stories from tjukurpa (dreaming/lore). Please understand the stories are only shared in context of their place. It is the place that keeps the story. If we visit a sacred place, it is only here that we can hear this particular story, we can not speak of it when we leave the place where it is kept.
This sacred, still and timeless land will become our ngura (home) for this time. I dare to suggest it may also stay a part of your heart forever. Life will be simple. You need to bring your own swag, there are no toilets, showers and certainly no phone signal. Food for this time will be simple and cooked by us in our fire.
An application process is in place to ensure your suitability for this remote and culturally sensitive sharing experience. The demand is high and places are very limited. This retreat will be held annually in April as guided by Kate and her family.
Request our Free Updates to register your interest and stay connected.
The dates for the 2019 Retreat are yet to be released. The application process for the 2019 Retreat will commence in October 2018.